Join Date: Oct 2010
Thanked 4,697 Times in 2,216 Posts
| | IPTV for Enigma2 Tutorial
- IPTV for Enigma2 Tutorial
- What you will need:An Enigma2 Set Top Box (STB) (Dreambox, Vu+, GigiaBlue), Dreambox Control Center (DCC) ( Available from Plugins Section )
- You will have received an email which includes a folder called “Ruya”. This folder will need to be added to your Enigma 2 Satellite box (Dreambox, Vu+ etc) & this will be placed onto the box using DCC.
- Once DCC is downloaded, unzip this file using Winzip/Winrar etc.
- Start up DCC (by double-clicking “DCC” inside your newly unzipped Dreambox Control Centre folder), allowing Firewall access if requested.
- You will need to enter details once inside DCC – pay attention to the areas marked in red
Login – Usually - Name:root Password: empty or Dreambox
This Computer – should be correct
Dreambox – Enter IP address of your Enigma 2 box
Router – Should be correct.
- Once you’re connected to your Enigma 2 box, select “FTP” down the left hand side.
- In the left hand box, navigate to – “usr/lib/enigma2/python/plugins/extensions/
- In the right hand box, navigate to where you have saved your”Ruya” folder.
- Select the “Ruya” folder on the right hand side, then transfer it to your Enigma 2 box by pressing the left hand arrow.
- The Ruya folder should have transferred to your Enigma 2 box, Either reboot or Restart Enigma.
- Once rebooted, using your remote control press “MENU”. You should now see the new entry “Ruya IPTV”.
- Press “OK” & move across to “SETTINGS”.
- Inside “Settings” enter the following details:
Server Name: provided in email
Username: provided in email
Password: provided in email
Further down, decide if you want Adult content showing, or not.
Press “OK” to save settings, then “OK” again to get back to Plugin Menu.
- You should now be able to select from Movies/TV Shows/Live TV.
- Start enjoying your viewing:)